1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's Up With Our DA

Discussion in 'Our Side Of The Hill' started by Dan Ullom, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Dan Ullom

Dan Ullom Administrator Staff Member

I am totally baffled by the conduct of our DA.
    After all the accusations being made against the DA you would think he would attempt to conduct his business properly.

It has been almost 7 weeks since Jennifer Zhang assaulted my brother and they still haven't even talked to her yet.

According to the investigating officer Jennifer had gone to China after the assault and had scheduled to talk to the detective on Nov 4 after her return. According to the detective Jennifer refused to meet with him until she got a lawyer. We are still waiting.

I don't know what the problem is. Is Jennifer having trouble finding a lawyer? If a lawyer knew the truth as shown by all evidence the Sheriff has collected I can understand why the case would be undesired.

Maybe I watch too many cop shows but typically the police will arrest someone if they have evidence (including an eyewitness) and allow them to talk to a lawyer before questioning. Not here.

It seems the DA does not want bother with this as it may have an effect on his career, as if taking no action will not.

If any of you are friends with Jennifer could you help her find a lawyer or a conscience so we can get this over with.

2. Boney Bills

Boney Bills Member

Well stated, Dan. It is truly amazing that there has been no arrest made. Evidently political power is well respected by the police and District Attorney.

3. David Eblovi

David Eblovi Moderator Staff Member

I like how Dan's post on TalkAbout disappeared in minutes.

The thing is: They don't need to interview her- there is overwhelming evidence as to what happened, as well as a statement from her on the night of the incident. What else is there that they need to be able to bring a prosecution?? (I'm actually asking- that is not a rhetorical question...)

And someone with more knowledge can correct me if I am wrong, but you aren't entitled to an attorney until you have been advised of your rights. If the cops (the detective) shows up at her door and she answers it or is at home she is required to speak to him- even if it is to tell him to go pound sand. There is no right to have an attorney represent you until you've been advised. (At least I think that's the way it is supposed to go...)

Although- and this would be interesting- maybe she's already been advised, which would mean they already have a direction and (they think) enough evidence to bring charges if she lawyers up.

Either she's been advised and they can (and should) press the issue, or she hasn't, in which case they should just come here and knock on her door. Either way there is little excuse for this to take as long as it has, or to continue any longer...

Regards,
    dce

4. Boney Bills

Boney Bills Member

I noted that a similar thread you started on Talkabout has been deleted by Clay, Political/press/police cooperation. Good thing this venue exists.

5. bigsea94019

bigsea94019 New Member

I have been reserving the right to rip on the DA-
    I'm almost there...

6. Michael Stogner

Michael Stogner Active Member

You have posted on the right blog, Never mind the Half Moon Bay Review, they edit and delete as you know. I would recommend your title include San Mateo County and Steve Wagstaffe that way if anybody searches those names they will get to your post. Also Steve Wagstaffe, Greg Munks and Carlos Bolanos all read the Almanac blog so might help.

7. Dan Ullom

She got up from her chair and went to the sink that is in the back of the room. I fiddled with my camera. When I look back at John, Zhang was underhand tossing her tea at him. She continued to her seat and sat down in front of John. I went over and spoke to her.

I asked her what happened. She said she tripped on the camera. She makes the same claim loudly when she first tossed the tea. You can hear it on the recording.

I told her that she did not trip on the camera.

She then said she almost tripped on the camera.

I then went back to camera two and aimed it at her.

A few moments later, Shahrzad Pantera (I have since learned her name ) sat down next to her.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  8. David Eblovi

David Eblovi Moderator Staff Member

Actually Dan that was Shahrzad Pantera. The mix-up is my fault- I knew I'd made the mistake within 24 hrs. of the Talkabout post, but Clay shut down the thread so I had no practical way to correct the record. I figured I'd get a chance eventually- now I guess I have.

My deepest apologies to Ms. Arrillaga for the mistake.

Regards,
    dce

9. Dan Ullom

Thanks dce. I fixed it.

10. Michael Stogner

Michael Stogner Active Member

That is exactly why this blog site is going to change San Mateo County, Citizens can correct/edit and keep the public informed. Great example.
    The order goes like this I'm sure you know, The SMCSO Investigates the alleged crime, once complete and they have determined a crime has been committed and by who forward to the DA's Office with recommendation. Is that what has happened here? Has the DA received a recommendation to prosecute from the Sheriff"s Office?