1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stogner & Horsley E-mails before July 12, 2016 BOS Meeting agenda item 7

Discussion in 'The Other Side Of The Hill' started by Michael Stogner, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Michael Stogner

Michael Stogner Active Member

One reason I asked Supervisor Don Horsley to recuse himself is that his son works for the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office.
    That is a Conflict of Interest.

Here is the Agenda Item 7
    Recommendation to make appointment or call an election to fill impending vacancy in the Office of San Mateo County Sheriff or provide direction to staff on process to be used in filling the vacancy.

Re: Resolution to place Sheriff on this November ballot.
    Michael Stogner <michaelgstogner@yahoo.com>
    • Jul 11 at 1:00 PM
    To
    Message body
    Hello Don,
    Thank you for the response, I've made my request and you understand it and you will decide to recuse yourself or not. I just left a meeting in F.C. a few minutes ago and many people were supportive of my Letter to the Editor in the SMDJ idea to place this issue on the ballot that would be best for the voters of San Mateo County. Marty Fox was present and he let me know that the fix was in and that Carlos Bolanos will be appointed tomorrow he said this was settled weeks ago.
    Let's prove him wrong. Let's get this issue on the November 2016
    Thank You
    Michael Stogner
    To: Michael Stogner <michaelgstogner@yahoo.com>
    Sent: Monday, July 11, 2016 11:36 AM
    Subject: RE: Resolution to place Sheriff on this November ballot.

Michael, I did attend but then again, maybe I went to hear what he had to say and who was supporting him. Attendance is no more than that.

Michael Stogner [mailto:michaelgstogner@yahoo.com]
    Sent: Friday, July 08, 2016 11:41 AM
    To: Don Horsley <dhorsley@smcgov.org>
    Subject: Re: Resolution to place Sheriff on this November ballot.

Hello Don,
    If you will notice I requested that you recuse yourself to avoid the Appearance of a Conflict of Interest.
    Your statement "I have not publicly supported Carlos Bolanos as of this date."
    If I may point out you attended UnderSheriff Carlos Bolanos's Kick Off Party for Sheriff 2018 hosted by Corrin Rankin.
    That is public support.
    Michael Stogner

Don Horsley <dhorsley@smcgov.org>
    To: Michael Stogner <michaelgstogner@yahoo.com>
    Sent: Tuesday, July 5, 2016 2:30 PM
    Subject: RE: Resolution to place Sheriff on this November ballot.

I have not publicly supported Carlos Bolanos as of this date.

Michael Stogner [mailto:michaelgstogner@yahoo.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2016 11:08 AM
    To: Don Horsley <dhorsley@smcgov.org>; Adrienne Tissier <atissier@smcgov.org>; Carole Groom <cgroom@smcgov.org>; Dave Pine <dpine@smcgov.org>; Warren Slocum <WSlocum@smcgov.org>
    Cc: John Beiers <jbeiers@smcgov.org>; John Maltbie <JMaltbie@smcgov.org>; Michael Callagy <MCallagy@smcgov.org>

Subject:
    Resolution to place Sheriff on this November ballot.
    Dear Supervisors,
    Please pass a resolution so that the Voters in San Mateo County can pick our Sheriff. I was just at the elections office this morning and we have time to make this happen. That office suggested a resolution.
    I am asking that Carole Groom recuse herself from this conversation and vote because she herself was appointed. Don Horsely should also recuse himself to avoid the appearance of a Conflict of Interest being our Sheriff and publicly supporting Carlos Bolanos.
    The cost to taxpayers is minuscule to be on the November 2016 ballot.
    Thank You in advance for doing what's best for the residents of San Mateo County.
    Michael G. Stogner

2. Michael Stogner

Michael Stogner Active Member