1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spanish Translation of HMB City Council Meeting

Discussion in 'CitizenAccess.TV' started by Dan Ullom, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Dan Ullom

Dan Ullom Administrator Staff Member

At the next HMB City Council Meeting we will be broadcasting with a live spanish translation. This will be our first attempt at this and are hoping it goes well. The most difficult part will be informing the spanish speaking public.
    Please inform anyone you think will benifit from this service.
    We also need help with translation f text for the webpages and promotional materials. If you can help please let us know.

Your community thanks you and so do I.

2. Dan Ullom

Well I must apologize. The translator has backed out. It's not hard to understand why, she lives in oakland and would not receive payment for the 3 to 4 hours the meeting will last.
    We really need to find a local citizen willing to put in the time and energy to make this happen.
    In the words of the moody blues " I know your out there somewhere":)

3. Michael Stogner

Michael Stogner Active Member

Is it possible to get a local High School Student to do this and get class credits for it?

4. Dan Ullom

I have spoken to someone at the boys and girls club about such an idea. They were very excited about it until they found out I was from Citizen Access TV and then I got shut down immediately. Not sure why but someone has applied some pressure not to work with us. I hope whoever has done this is aware of the harm they are causing their community. Citizen Access TV gets no money for helping the community and apparently some want no help for their community their ignorance amazes me.

5. Michael Stogner

Michael Stogner Active Member

That is why I recommend contacting the High School directly, see if they have any Journalism classes or anything close to that for their students. You have just demonstrated how political the Boys and Girls club is. You and your brother and Citizen Access TV are the most important/valuable source of information to the residents of San Mateo County..............Period.

6. Dan Ullom

I will have to try that again. We did attempt to contact the person in charge of the High School broadcasting program a couple of years ago but never got a response. Hopefully the school district has forgiven us for pointing out some errors on their part.

Michael Stogner likes this.
  7. Dan Ullom

GOOD NEWS!?!?
    Rumor has it that the city council will have a translator at their meetings. We are hoping we can get access to it and broadcast to the spanish speaking community. Wish us luck.