1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prosecutorial Misconduct in San Mateo County

Discussion in 'The Other Side Of The Hill' started by Michael Stogner, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Michael Stogner

Michael Stogner Active Member

2. Michael Stogner

How does Prosecutorial Misconduct continue to exist in San Mateo County? The answer is simple Our Judges allow it.

Most of our Judges have come up through the ranks of our District Attorney's Office.

3. Michael Stogner

3/29/2016 Lopez, Chavez, Odell case NF433910, Hon. Judge Liza Novak, DDA Abanto Prosecutorial Misconduct, San Mateo County, California.
    District Attorneys Office withheld all Discovery Evidence and Information of a Search Warrant by DA Inspector Draper. As soon as Mr. Abanto mentioned the existence of Mr. Draper's Search Warrant all three defense attorneys started looking through their files and quickly all confirmed that they have not been given this evidence and that this is the first time they have heard about it. The solution was all Draper info is out.

This case was filed 2/13/2015, The DA's Office is electronic they would know they didn't supply the evidence.

4. Michael Stogner

Colin T. Smith case
    San Mateo County's most recent reversal of a conviction caused by DDA Mr. Abanto Prosecutorial Misconduct
    He had information and refused to supply it to defense attorney Josh Bently. Hon. Judge Leland Davis III deemed this information was so important that he reversed a conviction by jury where Mr. Smith was facing up to 9 years in prison.

Before Hon. Judge Leland Davis lll granted the new trial he said these remarkable statements. "Miss Ekholm lied on the witness stand." "I can not say that Mr. Smith got a fair trial.

Comments below from Colin and his Mother on my San Mateo County News by MS FB page.

"But I do appreciate you pointing out the Prosecutorial Misconduct because there was plenty of that." Colin T. Smith

"God help our judicial system with such low-lifes running it" Colin's mother Carolyne Faulkner

I have been warning the Board of Supervisors for many years about Prosecutorial Misconduct and how it harms so many people, of course the defendant and loved ones but also San Mateo County residents, the jurors, the entire system depends on honesty, fair play, level playing field, That is not what we have in San Mateo County at this time.

How much did this trial cost San Mateo County?
    How much did this trial cost Colin T. Smith?

We can all thank District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe and Mr. Abanto.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  5. Michael Stogner

Prosecutorial Misconduct is also when Chief Inspector John Warren refuses to investigate a crime of Elder Abuse/kidnapping.
    This last week he had a meeting Katie Mayfield at the DA's Office. He wanted her to sign a document stating that she confers with him that her mother was not Kidnapped for her home in Belmont where she lived for 57 years. Katie refused to sign that statement because it is simply not true and John Warren knows that.
    San Mateo County APS and Belmont Police were used by two relatives who filed for a welfare check based on false statement, after the gained entry they took the 97 year old women from her home against her will.

What would you call that?

6. Dan Ullom

Dan Ullom Administrator Staff Member

I'ld call it kidnapping if you are talking about Ms Mayfield's mother. If you are talking about Mr Warren's crime I am not sure what to call it. Is he assisting the perps in getting away with a crime? Is this a conspiracy? Or is it simply elder abuse?
    In any case he should be arrested.

7. Michael Stogner

That is exactly who I'm talking about Rose Mayfield R.I.P. she was 97 years old at the time of the kidnapping. A false report to San Mateo County Adult Protective Services, who called Belmont Police Department to assist. Shameful and Criminal.

Why is the District Attorney Chief Inspector trying to get Katie Mayfield to sign that statement 2 years later, meaning last week?

8. Michael Stogner

Another reminder to the Board of Supervisors about Prosecutorial Misconduct its now 16 years warning them.
    July 12, 2016 17:13 mark on video

9. Michael Stogner

A current example in the Former San Mateo County Sheriff Deputy Juan Lopez case.

RE: Please ref this criminal complaint the the A.G. of the State of California
    Karen Guidotti <kguidotti@smcgov.org>
    • May 10 at 8:57 AM
    To
    CC
    Message body
    Good morning Mr. Stogner: I am not sure why Mr. Hanlon has not been able to verify the existence of the recording. However, I will ask DDA Bryan Abanto to reach out to Mr. Hanlon to verify that he did receive that item of evidence from our office.

Sincerely,

Karen Guidotti

Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 8:42 AM
    To: Karen Guidotti <kguidotti@smcgov.org>
    Subject: Re: Please ref this criminal complaint the the A.G. of the State of California

Good morning Karen Guidotti,

As of today Stuart Hanlon has not been able to verify the existence of the 11 minute recording that you have listened to. Would it be possible for you to make a copy available to Mr. Hanlon so he could pass it on to Juan P. Lopez and in turn he could pass it on to Irma who is very interested in hearing it.

Just to clarify I am not asking you to review this part of the transcript for accuracy, I was a witness to the entire PH and I have a complete copy of the transcript.

San Mateo County District Attorney Inspector Jordan Boyd testified he did NOT record the interview.

Thank You

Michael Stogner

To: Michael Stogner <michaelgstogner@yahoo.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, May 4, 2016 6:58 AM
    Subject: RE: Please ref this criminal complaint the the A.G. of the State of California

Good morning Mr. Stogner: Thanks for your information. Can you please clarify what you are asking me to do? Are you asking me to review this part of the transcript for accuracy? Or are you asking for a formal internal affairs investigation of Jordan Boyd?

Thanks,

Karen

Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2016 6:46 AM
    To: Karen Guidotti <kguidotti@smcgov.org>
    Cc: Steve Wagstaffe <swagstaffe@smcgov.org>
    Subject: Re: Please ref this criminal complaint the the A.G. of the State of California

Karen Guidotti,

Thank You for the response and this new information regarding an Interview with Irma Lopez that was recorded.

At the Preliminary Hearing D.A. Inspector Jordan Boyd testified that he did NOT record it. Now Irma Lopez wants to hear that recorded interview and so would Juan Lopez.

Mr. Hanlon, Q. Is there any reason you didn't tape record that interview? Boyd answered NO

Thank You

Michael Stogner

To: Michael Stogner <michaelgstogner@yahoo.com>; Steve Wagstaffe <swagstaffe@smcgov.org>
    Cc: John Warren <jwarren@smcgov.org>; Bryan Abanto <babanto@smcgov.org>
    Sent: Monday, May 2, 2016 3:59 PM
    Subject: RE: Please ref this criminal complaint the the A.G. of the State of California

Mr. Stogner:

I have looked into this matter and have confirmed that Inspector Boyd did indeed conduct an interview with Irma Lopez on December 8, 2014. It was recorded, and a report was written regarding that conversation. I have personally read the report and listened to that eleven minute interview. Perhaps Mr. Hanlon can confirm the existence of this evidence for you, as he was provided with discovery of that phone call well before the preliminary hearing.

Once you have verified my information, please advise me if you wish to continue with your complaint about Inspector Boyd.

Sincerely,

Karen Guidotti

Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2016 9:12 AM
    To: Karen Guidotti <kguidotti@smcgov.org>; Steve Wagstaffe <swagstaffe@smcgov.org>
    Subject: Please ref this criminal complaint the the A.G. of the State of California

Steve and Karen.

Irma Lopez was never interviewed by Jordan Boyd. This is a PC115 (A) violation

Many of my family and friends know that I have been doing my best to eliminate Prosecutorial Misconduct in San Mateo County for the last 16 years. Here is just one example. It is also a perfect PC115 (A) Felony filing a false statement to a Judge to get a warrant.

Preliminary Hearing 3/29/2016

Hon. Judge Lisa Novak

Stuart Hanlon attorney for Juan P. Lopez asking San Mateo County District Attorney Inspector Jordan Boyd who is on the witness stand under oath.

“You testified about taking a statement from Irma Lopez, Juan Lopez’s sister, correct?” Jordan Boyd answeredCorrect

Where was the statement taken? Was it on the phone? In person?

Jordan Boyd answered “It was on the telephone.

What day was it taken?

Jordan Boyd answered “I don’t recall the date, I have to check my report.”

You have no report of this interview you simply mention it in a Search Warrant Affidavit.

“I have no reports of an interview with Irma Lopez. I only have a statement by you and an affidavit for a search warrant or arrest warrant, I’m not sure which saying, you talked to her. I’m asking you when did you talk to her?”

Jordan Boyd answered “I don’t have that.”

Here is the short answer as to why Jordan Boyd and Mr. Abanto never passed on to Mr. Hanlon in discovery the information regarding an Interview with Irma Lopez.

The alleged Interview NEVER happened.

10. Michael Stogner

Another Prosecutorial Misconduct case example.
    Whenever you see the name Scott Morris of Bay City News just know that this story is a Press Release from Steve Wagstaffe.
    How does the DA's Office proceed and settle a case and quietly disclose that the 2 sisters really committed many more crimes and owed much more money than they were charged with.

Twin sister therapists sentenced for bilking county August 11, 2016, 05:00 AM By Scott Morris Bay City
    [​IMG]

Lorie Palmer

[​IMG]
    Marlie Palmer
    Twin sister therapists who took a plea deal for charging San Mateo County for therapy sessions with victims of violent crime that never happened are disputing how much they owe, District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe said Wednesday.

The twins, 39-year-old Lorie and Marlie Palmer, were both sentenced to four months in jail and three years probation by Judge Elizabeth Lee Wednesday, Wagstaffe said. They both turned over checks for over $27,000 for restitution.

That was the amount that prosecutors initially said the two sisters owed when they were charged in April, but Wagstaffe said Wednesday that his office now has found that Lorie Palmer owes more than $160,000 while Marlie Palmer owes over $60,000.

Marlie Palmer’s attorney, James Stevens, said an audit by the state’s Victim Compensation Board turned up more losses than was initially revealed in the district attorney’s investigation.

He said his office will continue to discuss the matter with prosecutors to try and come up with a solution that everyone thinks is fair. Otherwise, a full restitution hearing will be held in the coming months.

The sisters pleaded no contest to misappropriation of public money and grand theft in June. For over two years, they were on a referral list to provide therapy for victims of violent crime. They both submitted bills for sessions that never happened.

Before the charges came to light, Marlie Palmer offered bilingual therapy for depression, stress, anxiety and coping with trauma and abuse, among other things.

“My work includes helping people whose lives are being taken over by worry, those who are self-critical, procrastinators, people struggling with compulsive behavior, and those who face recurring difficulties in relationships,” she wrote.

Stevens said both sisters expressed remorse at their sentencing hearing Wednesday and are looking to move on with their lives and contribute to society.

“These are two people who have spent their entire lives trying to help an underserved population,” Stevens said, calling the crime “a mistake and aberration for how they lived their lives before this incident.”

The sisters’ jail time might be served in a work alternative program, Stevens said. They will begin serving their sentence in October.

- See more at: http://www.smdailyjournal.com/artic...ounty/1776425166496.html#sthash.JmVfp766.dpuf

11. Michael Stogner

12. Michael Stogner

13. Dan Ullom

Dan Ullom Administrator Staff Member

It seems that the press is just as corrupt as our politicians and are willing to hide corruption especially their own.