1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do we get the latino community involved with their city government?

Discussion in 'Our Side Of The Hill' started by Dan Ullom, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Dan Ullom

Dan Ullom Administrator Staff Member

As usual I attended the city council meeting tuesday night. I felt the most important topic of the evening was ignored by the city council, well by the 3 that showed up anyway.
    A young gentleman and his father got up to speak about their experience at pumpkin fest.
    I do not feel that I can explain it well enough so you will need to watch it yourself. It starts at 1 hr 4 min3 54 secs on the video below.

This piece of video only shows me how important it is to get everyone who lives in our community to get involved in their community.
    I am hoping we at Citizen Access TV can find someone to translate the city council meetings LIVE. We could put the actual meeting audio on the left channel and the translation on the right.
    The latino community should ask if not demand that the city put a Google or MicroSoft translator button on their website. There is no cost for this except to have there web person add a simple piece of code to the website template. The city uses a Content Management Script for it's site called Joomla. It is very easy to add this code.

We are going to add this feature soon to this site and we already have it on Citizen Access TV so I can help the city if needed.

If there is anyone out there who can help with the Half Moon Bay City Council meetings please contact me ASAP. Your community needs your help.

2. Michael Stogner

Michael Stogner Active Member

Very Brave Father and Son. I see that San Mateo County Supervisor Don Horsley and his aide Chris were sitting in the front row, I'm surprised Don being our former Sheriff didn't offer to speak with that father and son on the spot.

3. Michael Stogner

Michael Stogner Active Member

To: Michael Stogner <michaelgstogner@yahoo.com>
    Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 6:51 AM
    Subject: Re: SMC Gang Task Force October 18, 2015

Mr. Stogner,

I did not find any incidents that weekend involving anyone with name you provided.

Thank you.

Det. Salvador Zuno
    Public Information Officer

San Mateo County Sheriff's Office
    400 County Center
    Redwood City, CA 94063
    (650) 363-4800 work
    (650) 421-1243 cell
    (650) 599-1563 faxpio@smcgov.org
    Follow us on Twitter @SMCSheriff
    "Like" us on Facebook: facebook.com/SMCSheriff>>> Michael Stogner <michaelgstogner@yahoo.com> 10/26/2015 2:50 PM >>>
    Sorry, Sunday October 18, 2015 Half Moon Bay

To: Michael Stogner <michaelgstogner@yahoo.com>
    Sent: Monday, October 26, 2015 2:32 PM
    Subject: Re: SMC Gang Task Force October 18, 2015

Can you tell me when this incident occurred?

Thanks

Det. Salvador Zuno
    Public Information Officer

San Mateo County Sheriff's Office
    400 County Center
    Redwood City, CA 94063
    (650) 363-4800 work
    (650) 421-1243 cell
    (650) 599-1563 faxpio@smcgov.org
    Follow us on Twitter @SMCSheriff
    "Like" us on Facebook: facebook.com/SMCSheriff>>> Michael Stogner <michaelgstogner@yahoo.com> 10/25/2015 9:16 AM >>>
    Hi Sal,
    Can I have the names of the Deputies that were involved in the physical altercation with Mr. Joaquin Jimenez ( a San Mateo County probation employee) in Half moon Bay.
    Also any incident reports, videos,photos, audio recording etc.
    Thank You
    Michael